Re: Haworth publications Lucy Duhon 13 Jul 2001 13:27 UTC

Kirsten --  I've also noticed this in the last two years (only because I
wasn't so closely involved with the budget in previous years).  I'd see
a few minor mid-year subscription increases for some journals, but it
seems the Haworth journals consistently showed major mid-year increases,
as you described.  It got to where I'd see a big increase on an invoice
and I'd say to myself, "I bet that's a Haworth journal," and sure
enough, it was.

But I think what happened was, at the time of renewal invoicing, we were
billed for the price from the previous year and then come mid-year, an
added charge would be tacked on, at about 8%-10% of the subscription
price.  Even if this is just inflation, it makes for difficult planning
when a sizeable increase shows up in the middle of the year, and for not
a small number of journals either.

(And your low diction was perfectly fine)

Lucy Duhon
Serials Librarian
Carlson Library/Serials Dept.
University of ToledoToledo, OH  43606