Scientific American volume number Chris Troutman 20 Jul 2001 22:25 UTC

I wrote to the editors of Scientific American about a mislabeled
issue.  Below is our correspondence:

Hi: Thanks for writing in. It was indeed a misprint on our part. Sorry for
the confusion.  The volume # for the August issue is 285. Thanks, again.
The Editors.