Parade (Sunday newspaper supplement) article needed (Diane Neumeister) Marcia Tuttle 24 Aug 2001 19:27 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:01:27 -0500
From: Diane Neumeister <DNEUMEIS@LORAS.EDU>
Subject: Parade (Sunday newspaper supplement) article needed

I need some help from you again:

I have a priest who's looking for an article that appeared in the Parade
Sunday supplement to the Quad-City (Iowa) Times and other newspapers
nationwide.

The article mentions Father Aloysius (Al) Schmitt in connection with
either the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941 OR
with the release of the movie "Pearl Harbor" in May of this year.  The
article definitely appeared within the last 12 months, probably in May or
June of 2001, but I don't have any more details than that.

Does anyone still have issues of Parade from Aug. 2000 through June2001
AND the time to flip through them to give me citations for articles on
Pearl Harbor (actual attack or movie)?  I would really appreciate
citations for any articles on Pearl Harbor that appeared during the last
year. If I can get specific citations and libraries that still hold the
issues, I can turn this over to ILL.

FYI: We have contacted Quad-City Times and Parade.  Quad-City Times does
not archive that supplement because it's national and the staff at Parade
has been less than helpful.

Thank you in advance for your help with this puzzle!

Di

Di Neumeister
Serials Asst.
Wahlert Memorial Library
Loras College
Dubuque, IA, USA

phone: 563-588-4969**
fax: 563-588-7292 **
e-mail: dneumeis@loras.edu

**Please note: 563 is a new area code (effective Mar. 2001).
Some phone systems need to be reprogrammed before they
will accept the new area code.  If necessary, the old area
code (319) may be used until Dec. 2, 2001.