Periodicals binding schedule (Cecilia Leathem) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 15 Aug 2001 14:02 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:37:30 -0400
From: "Leathem, Cecilia Anne" <cleathem@MIAMI.EDU>
Subject: Periodicals binding schedule

Hello,

There is interest at my library in altering our binding shipment schedule to
accommodate our students' needs at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters.
We are exploring sending only 10 shipments a year instead of our regular
monthly shipments so that during the last month of each semester, students
can count on having all periodicals available for their research and papers.
Has anyone else implemented such a schedule?
Are there any problems or drawbacks to this plan?

Thanks.

Cecilia Leathem
Head, Knowledge Access Management
Otto G. Richter Library