Re: Notice of New Listserv: Serial Change Notice (Claire Robb) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 16 Aug 2001 13:30 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:02:02 -0400
From: Claire Robb <CER1@nrc.gov>
Subject: Re: Notice of New Listserv: Serial Change Notice (Susan Davis)

If you don't feel comfortable, then don't subscribe.  As far as the
establishment of another list, this is done all the time.  The specifics
of why this has been done, as opposed to using SERIALIST was specified as
this is only a "notification list" (not discussion list).  Not as an
attack to other listservs, but I get too much mail and unsubscribe,
especially when the discussion gets too frequent.  A notification list of
title changes etc. shared among those who wish to join it is fine.  If you
have any concerns, then don't join.  Those who feel comfortable, or that
it is warranted still have the option to join.  That is one of the many
charms of a listserv.

Claire E. Robb
Systems & Automation Librarian, M.L.I.S.

U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
11545 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Technical Library, Room T2-C8