Checking in serials (Ann Lucas) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 16 Aug 2001 13:34 UTC

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:47:05 -0400
From: Ann Lucas <lucasann@COOLEY.EDU>
Subject: Re: Checking in serials (Mary O'Neal)

It is essential, I think, to have the professional trainer come out
from Innovative.  Then you, and your staff, if any, will be all set to go.
Take it one day at a time and check in what you get in the mail.
In the middle of October, you will want to assess what has not been
converted.  Talk to the trainer about how to do a review list to identify
the "orphans."  We just converted at the end of last week, and are still
learning;  it will take us a while to convert everything, as we have about
5,000 serials titles.  Email me if you need to talk.

Ann Lucas
Serials Librarian
Cooley Law School Library
Lansing, MI

Hi-I would like some information please.  I am about to change to III
Millennium serials.  How did you do the entering for the check in of
serials.   By the alphabet or as the periodicals came in.  Our present
system is going down the end of October and we have approximately 2000
titles.  They are not giving me much time.   Any help you can give me
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Mary

email: moneal@library2.webster.edu