Re: Periodicals binding schedule (Joe Edelen) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 16 Aug 2001 14:07 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:51:00 -0500
From: "Edelen, Joe" <jedelen@USD.EDU>
Subject: Re: Periodicals binding schedule (Sandy Srivastava)

The University of South Dakota sends bindery shipments September - May each
year.  In September we include all our indexes so they are not gone during
heavy research times.  We do not bind during the summer because our bindery
does a lot of school textbooks with a lot of student summer help during that
time and we have felt that binding quality might not be quite as good during
that period.  In addition, we receive a small financial incentive for not
sending any shipments during those peak months.

Joe Edelen
University of South Dakota