Re: Notice of New Listserv: Serial Change Notice (2 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 16 Aug 2001 15:58 UTC

2 messages:

1)_____

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:33:42 -0400
From: Josephine Williamson <jbw@UDEL.EDU>
Subject: Re: Notice of New Listserv: Serial Change Notice (Chris Troutman)

I would like to echo Susan and Chris' concern that yet another listserve is a
problem.  The "cross-posting" that is required now is growing increasingly
frustrating and time consuming to read and delete.  I cast  my vote for
sending all information to SERIALST.  Then we can be sure that all serials
information is in one place.

Josie Williamson
University of Delaware

2)_____

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 08:49:26 -0700
From: Beverly Butler <butler@LIB.STATE.CA.US>

Another view on the new list.

Many individuals do not need the majority of the info on SERIALIST but will
appreciate having the info on the new list.  I have been sorting out just the
type of info the new list will involve and forwarding it to others in our
department that need only that info and do not subscribe to Serialist. This
will frequently include support staff and their student assistants.

Cheers!

Beverly Butler
butler@lib.state.ca.us
California State Library