Re: Library Materials Budgets Fran Stumpf 25 Sep 2001 17:41 UTC

My comments are within the original request.

We have a different tact on this situation. We cut paper and microform
subscriptions to pay for our electronic offerings.
Books - 52% of budget
Periodicals - 21%
Electronic Resources - 12%

> 2) How many have been asking for NEW monies in support of electronic
> resources?

We did ask for new mony for a product offered through our consortium. I
believe we got the new mony but it went into an account other than the
library budget. What will happen next year is a question mark.

> I am aware of the fact that ARL provides us with some truly excellent
> survey statistics that can be applied in some measure at our smaller
> institution, however, I would be very interested in other sources of
> potential value.  At Marywood, we have over the past few years been very
> creative at building our collections but have come to the point where we
> may finally succumb to reallocating some of our monographic funds.
>
> Thank you for any input in advance!
>
> *****   ***  *****  ***   *****   ***    *****  ***
> Michelle Sitko
> Coordinator of Collection Management Services/Serials
> Learning Resources
> Center
> Marywood University
> 2300 Adams Avenue