Re: Donations of older personal copies (Jane Burke) Jane Burke 26 Oct 2001 22:16 UTC

And how about when you purchase an issue through a back issues dealer?
How can you know the original source and how is was paid?  It is not
uncommon for me to receive a journal donation from someone who is cleaning
out or moving an office.  I frequently send these on to the back issues
dealer.  If I purchase a replacement copy that may have originated from a
personal subscription, am I violating copyright law?  It seems that it is
really no different than the situation below where it comes from someone
you know received a personal subscription.  Very interesting topic.

                                                        Jane
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Jane D. Burke
Serials Librarian