Re: Terrorism-related journals Martin W. Helgesen 08 Oct 2001 13:44 UTC

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 09:26:02 -0400 Jody Morris said:
>For obvious reasons, my library is trying to bolster its holdings in
>Terrorism-related journals.  If your library receives any journals or
>newsletters on terrorism or biological/chemical/nuclear weapons, could you
>please email me with their titles and publishers?  We have a few, but I'd
>like to cover all my bases.
>
>Thanks!

Here's an announcement of a special issue of a newsletter that usually
specializes in computer and network security.  Since disrupting communications
can be a terrorist goal, it may be of interest.  Back issues are avaiable
at the web site.  This special issue applies computer security expertise
to the wider world in light of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

                        BEGIN QUOTE

From: Bruce Schneier <schneier@counterpane.com>
Subject: Essays on NY/DC Terrorist Attcks
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 20:18:48 -0500

I just published a special issue of my monthly e-mail newsletter,
Crypto-Gram.

        http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram-0109a.html

In it are essays on cryptography, steganotgraphy, airport security,
biometrics, intelligence, etc.

                         END QUOTE

Martin W. Helgesen     shhcc@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Cohen Library          Voice: 212 650-5871 FAX: 212 650-7604
City College of New York, Convent Avenue and 138th Street
New York, New York 10031

"It is so stupid of modern civilization to have given up
believing in the devil, when he is the only explanation of it."
                                    R.A.K.

Help outlaw spam.  For further information see http://www.cauce.org/