Re: microforms: On a lighter note as the holidays approach -- Ed Perry Stephen Clark 29 Nov 2001 19:40 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: microforms: On a lighter note as the holidays approach
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:11:49 -0600
From: Ed Perry <Ed.Perry@uregina.ca>

HMMMMMMM!  I once suggested to Chris Pooley at Silver Platter that they
start mounting redundant cd s on handles, and giving them away at
conferences as pizza cutters.  Maybe the same thing with film reels for
cutting lasagna?

Ed Perry

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:51:22 -0500 Karen Nadeski <knadeski@cslib.org>
wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas how to use old metal microfilm reels during
> the holiday season?
>
> We currently have a project underway to move all our film on metal
> reels to plastic ones and it occurred to me that some craft-oriented
> people might have already seen possibilities for these metal reels.
> Someone has suggested spray painting them and using them as tree
> ornaments, but this sounds fairly mundane to me.
>
> Throwing this out on a Thursday instead of a Friday this week.
>
> ;-)
>
> Karen Nadeski
>
> Project Librarian, Connecticut Newspaper Project
> Connecticut State Library
> 231 Capitol Ave.
> Hartford, CT  06106-1537

Ed Perry