Re: E-jnls in library catalog only or also a list of e-journals o n the library web site (Ian Woodward) Marcia Tuttle 05 Nov 2001 19:49 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:36:35 -0500
From: Ian Woodward <iwoodward@MAIL.COLGATE.EDU>
Subject: Re: E-jnls in library catalog only or also a list of e-journals o
                n the library web site (Katrina McKinlay)

        We catalogue all titles explicitly purchased, all titles which are
an accessory to a print subscription, titles to which we subscribed in print
but which changed their format to free full text online, and sundry other
sites selected by the chief reference librarian.  Most of the foregoing are
catalogued individually, while some (i.e. those accessed through our agent's
servers) are catalogued by batch-loading records, which are then subject to
some quality control checks.  All records have 856 links to enable the user
of our web-OPAC to link directly to the full text.
        We will likely soon be purchasing the services of Serials Solutions
for some titles.
        All of the foregoing titles are linked to pages which lists them
all.
        In addition, we batch-load records for publications for which we
receive access to documents via aggregators (ProQuest, Wilson Select,&c.).
These are not on the web-page list.
        The alphabetical web page is a relic from an era when we had but
40-odd Muse titles.  As soon as we get the bugs worked out on our
cataloguing, this page will be taken down.
Hope this helps.
        Yours, I. Woodward