Re: Holdings Statement in OPACS (2 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 13 Nov 2001 15:58 UTC

2 messages:

1)_____

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:49:30 -0600
From: "MD_Buddy (Buddy Pennington)" <MD_Buddy@KCLIBRARY.ORG>
Subject: Re: Holdings Statement in OPACS (Fatme Charafeddine)

The new standard for holdings display formats is ANSI/NISO Z.39.71-1999
"Holdings Statements for Bibliographic Items" which covers both serials and
monographs.

You can download it for free from www.techstreet.com.  It will tell you
everything you need to know about how to format enumeration and chronology
for your holdings.

The only deviation we make at our site is using [] for local notes instead
of the standard <>.  That is because the angle brackets do not display in
our Web2 catalog.

Have fun!!

Buddy Pennington
Document Delivery Librarian
Kansas City Public Library
md_buddy@kclibrary.org
816-701-3552

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:59:32 -0500
From: "Ann S. Doyle" <asdoyl2@UKY.EDU>

Hi Fatme Charafeddine,

We use these two resources simultaneously for our holdings standards:

ANSI/NISO 39.71(equivalent to ISO 10324) and
MARC21 format for holdings.

Free access to concise MARC21 format for communicating holdings:

http://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/echdhome.html

Free .pdf copy of ANSI/NISO holdings standards (must have .pdf reader):

http://www.niso.org/standards/resources/Z39-71.pdf

Hope this helps...

Ann

Ann S. Doyle