Re: Binding Schedule Methodogy -- Alexis Adams Stephen Clark 28 Nov 2001 16:57 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Binding Schedule Methodogy -- Regina Beach
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 07:52:55 -0900
From: Alexis Adams <anaga@uaa.alaska.edu>

In our library we send binding year round.  When it comes to periodicals
we
simply start at A and go to Z.  We send all issues through the previous
year
for each title that we bind.

For information purposes I keep a list of what titles I have sent in
each
shipment.  The binding company we use has a program that can create this
list for me, but it can also be done manually.  I print out a copy for
my
files and also one for our Reference desk so that if the Librarians can
not
find something on the shelves, they can check that folder for a possible
answer.

I try to send small shipments- having about 4 boxes -at a time, or the
total
of periodicals I can fit on the top of one of our book carts.  This
makes
them easier to handle when they come back in.

Hope this helps.-Alexis
--
Alexis G. Adams
Consortium Library