Re: Binding Schedule Methodogy -- Amy Wise Stephen Clark 28 Nov 2001 21:43 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Binding Schedule Methodogy -- Regina Beach
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:40:09 -0500
From: Amy Wise <aew@canes.gsw.edu>

Regina--what we do is very simple. If the periodicals are checked in
manually on  kardex, we simply write down the title as it needs binding
and
pull them from the shelves. When they arrive back, we simply highlight
the
issues that were bound.

However; we are changing over to electronic check-in and there is a
message
box that pops -we put in the message to bind. This enhancement hopefully
is
being changed to pop up only when time to bind-it had come up every time
periodical was checked--this was not very effective.

I like things simple--we have a program where we can print out a list of
all of the paper issues. I think I'll do that and simply go down that
list
and pull a certain number of periodicals to send to bindery each month.

I got an average by dividing the total number of title by 12.

Thanks, Amy

At 10:14 AM 11/28/01 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
Amy Wise
Collection Development Assistant