Re: cds: On a lighter note as the holidays approach -- Deej Baker Stephen Clark 04 Dec 2001 13:53 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: cds: On a lighter note as the holidays approach --
CarolineDean
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:36:28 -0500
From: Deej Baker <dbc@virginia.edu>

Although it looks a bit odd, I have used cds in my garden to ward off
insects
and other creatures. I put a cd at the base of a plant, you can either
cut it
with heavy duty scissors or just lay it next to the stem. It seems to
frighten
off some of the bugs that attack my nasturtiums and was very sucessful
at
keeping squash vine borers away. Several cds also scared off the
groundhog who
was munching on my purple peacock pole beans, I had hung the cds from
strings
down the center of the tepee.

I have not studied this in a scientific manner but this past summer I
did
notice a difference between before and after the cds were placed around
the
plants.

Cheerio!
Deej Baker

Deej Baker                      voice:  804-924-4958
Cataloging/Periodicals          fax:  804-982-4579
P.O. BOX 400151                 e:  dbc@virginia.edu
Alderman Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA  22904-4151