Re: cds: On a lighter note as the holidays approach -- 2 messages Stephen Clark 04 Dec 2001 14:46 UTC

2 messages:

1)--------------------------------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: cds: On a lighter note as the holidays approach -- Deej
Baker
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:13:05 -0600
From: Carol Green <Carol.Green@USM.EDU>

>> Are there any other ideas on how to use redundant CDs? They make
>> beautiful clocks, but one can only have so many clocks.
>> Caroline Dean

Staff from our library usually sponsor a tent at the annual American
Cancer Society Relay for Life.  A few years ago, one of my
colleagues in serials created a lovely mobile out of old CDs and
microfilm reels to hang in the tent.........it went along with whatever
the theme was that year.

On a different note, staff in our microforms area have used burned
out bulbs from micro readers to decorate small christmas trees
at the service desk.  Turned upside-down they look like silver bells.
Just tie them on with a red bow.

Cheers!

Carol D. Green
Serials Librarian, Associate Professor