Re: Question about Embargo Periods -- Mary Beth Burgoyne Stephen Clark 17 Dec 2001 21:04 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Question about Embargo Periods -- Peter Washkevich
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:49:15 -0700
From: Mary Beth Burgoyne <Mary_Beth_Burgoyne@CI.MESA.AZ.US>

Both Ebsco and Gale offer and "Embargoed Titles" lists from their web
site. The lists can be found in HTML, EXCEL, PDF or text files. Proquest
offers Embargoed information within their title list, rather than having a
separately compiled list of embargoed titles.

Gale:
www.galegroup.com
>Title list (left navigation column)
>Online Databases- should see a chart, alpha listing of databases, with
types of available title lists, Embargoed, Full Text, Subject, etc.

Ebsco:
www.ebsco.com
>Select your library type
>Select Online Databases
>Select Title List- should see a chart, alpha listing of databases with
types of available lists.

Proquest:
www.proquest.com
>Select Title Lists, lower right navigation bar
>Select database from drop-down menu
>Check the box for First/Last Dates
>Click on Get Information
You will see the title list. For those titled embargoed, you'll see the
following note;

        [Full Text Availability Delayed by 30 Days due to Publisher
Restriction]

Mary Beth Burgoyne
Electronic Resources Development Coordinator
Mesa (AZ) Public Library
480-644-3891