Re: Time Magazine numbering (Lynne Stevens) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 19 Dec 2001 20:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:29:01 -0500
From: Lynne Stevens <lstevens@RMWC.EDU>
Subject: Re: Time Magazine numbering -- Julia Franklin

Julia --

Serials work is not rocket science, but it can be so complicated (and
publishers so erratic) that sometimes we almost expect that issues will be
misnumbered!  As for issue numbers, some are in such small print (anyone
else get Christian Science Monitor?!) that I now have a magnifying glass in
my drawer for when I need it but don't have my reading glasses handy.  You
are understood and forgiven.

If I may be permitted a general comment, I find this list very useful and
appreciate the collaboration which helps all of us do our jobs better and
easier.  Sometimes it just helps to know you're not the only one fighting a
particular battle.  I, too, have not gotten any issues of Harvard Business
Review since September, and the list discussion gave me the information I
knew my EBSCO rep would need.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays to all!

Lynne N. Stevens
Serials Coordinator