Re: Harvard Business Review subscription -- Jeanette Skwor Stephen Clark 12 Dec 2001 19:56 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:44:34 -0600
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <skworj@uwgb.edu>

***Hmmm, what months were incorporated in your #11/12?  I have now
received
the Dec. issue, and it's just #11.  The November issue was #10.
(July/Aug.
was combined.)

***I still have not had a response from my Friday email to them; the
immediate, automatic, reply says I can expect one within 2 -3 business
days.

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept.
Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
(920) 465-2670

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:41:57 -0600
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <>

I just finished talking to the Customer Service Dept. at Harvard
Business
Review because our 2001 subscription ended with the Sept issue, and we
had
paid our vendor, and our vendor paid them, for Jan - Dec.

I am told that, at the time they were paid (Oct. 2000), HBR was
publishing
10 issues per year, and therefore that's what we paid for.  The fact
that
they have since gone to 12 issues simply means that we do not get the
other
issues.    He went on to say, we have paid for 12 issues for 2002.  I
asked,
hypothetically, if they went to 15 issues per year, we would only get
12,
then.  "Yes."

I would add, the subscription rate as advertised in the magazine is "per
year".

We had a fairly lengthy conversation, and I was, if I say so myself,
quite
assertive.  To no avail.
I have called my vendor rep, and I'm sure she will do battle with them
also,
but am curious to hear what experiences/thoughts others are having with
this.

I am also copying Harvard Business Review at the email address listed in
back of their magazine.