Re: Kudos for Marcia Tuttle and the Pricing Newsletter! Susan Davis 26 Jan 2002 03:45 UTC

Birdie's letter is very eloquent and says it all as far as the Pricing
Newsletter goes.  But my relationship with Marcia pre-dates NSPI...going
way back to 1984 when we were part of the infamous class of '84 attending
the UKSG.  That trip was a milestone in my professional career, cementing
lifelong friendships and creating valuable mentors.  Marcia appointed me
to my first ALCTS (then RTSD) committee and wrote a letter on my behalf
for tenure. She has been one of my champions ever since for which I am
extremely grateful.

One of my other mentors and dear friend (from the class of '84) retired
officially in December.  I won't reveal her name but her first initial is
also "M".  So to my two "M & M's" I salute you and look forward to seeing
both of you at NASIG.

An excellent tribute to Marcia on her retirement can be found in Serials
Review, v.23:no.2 (1997:Summer) p.1-30.  Take a look!  I still believe in
"The Serials Manager's Obligation!"

Susan

Susan Davis                       Chair, Serials Section (ALCTS)
Head, Periodicals                    2001/02
Acquisitions Dept.
University at Buffalo (SUNY)
Lockwood Library Bldg.
Buffalo, NY  14260-2200