Re: Industry Week hijinks (4 messages) Birdie MacLennan 30 Jan 2002 23:17 UTC

4 messages, 102 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:45:11 -0800
From:         Mina Muessigmann <minamues@MAIL.SDSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Industry Week hijinks

Max,

A number of publishers do this dastardly thing--they issue a combined
issue at the end of the year (with numbering for the earlier volume only),
but when their first issue of the next volume comes out--they call it
no.2! Blast them!

Another title that does this is Billboard. Our microfiche supplier films
the combined issue twice--once at the end of the earlier year/volume,
again at the beginning of the new year/volume. They had us confused for
awhile because our fiche was coming in beginning with no.1, when no.1 was
not really published as such.

Mina Muessigmann
San Diego State University Library
<minamues@MAIL.SDSU.EDU>

(2)---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:23:42 -0600
From:         Jeanette Skwor <skworj@UWGB.EDU>

***My thought was that the combined January issue is the unnumbered number
one.  However, you're right - the website shows an article from the Jan.
16, 2002 issue.  OTOH, none of the library's I normally search for issues
has it.

***So, we're left guessing?

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept., Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001
<skworj@UWGB.EDU>

(3)---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:30:17 -0600
From:         Jeanette Skwor <skworj@UWGB.EDU>

Just a quick note to say I clicked on the "feedback" link on their
website, and asked if they did or did not publish vol. 251 #1, Jan. 16,
2002, issue, and if so, to please consider that query a claim.

Perhaps if more of us do that, they will be a little more
alert/aware next time?

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept.
Cofrin Library