Re: Question about Survey of Current Business (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 31 Jan 2002 19:35 UTC

2 messages, 70 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:42:21 -0700
From:         Marit Taylor <Marit.Taylor@CUDENVER.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Question about Survey of Current Business

This is an academic question for future issues, at least for depository
libraries, since it is not longer available to depositories in paper,
according to the Government Printing Office.  It is however available on
the Web at http://www.bea.doc.gov/bea/pubs.htm on an ongoing basis. It was
a government depository item.  I'm not sure of the exact relationship to
Business Statistics; I think Business Statistics was entitled a biennial
supplement.  In any case it wouldn't be as current, for month to month
statistics.  Business Statistics used to be a depository government
publication, but is now commercial and not inexpensive, from Bernan Press.
It is useful, of course.

Marit S. Taylor
Cataloging/Government Publications Librarian
Auraria Library
1100 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80204
Telephone: (303)556-2841
marit.taylor@cudenver.edu
Fax: (303)556-2623

(2)---------------------------
Date:         Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:07:15 -0600
From:         Cindy Rosser <crosser@slpl.lib.mo.us>

Survey of Current Business is now an electronic (EL) only product. It is
available online from 1998-current at the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA).
Most, if not all, of the information in Business Stats of US are from BEA
and available on their web-site.
http://www.bea.doc.gov/bea/pubs.htm

Cindy Rosser
Government Information Librarian