Midwinter: ALCTS Medium Heads of Tech Services DG (Jack Hall) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 10 Jan 2002 16:46 UTC

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 09:35:14 -0600
From: Jack Hall <jhall@UH.EDU>
Subject: Midwinter: ALCTS Medium Heads of Technical Services Discussion Group

The presentation at the mid-winter ALA meeting of the ALCTS Heads of
Technical Services of Medium Sized Academic Libraries will include a
slightly different format this time. As a response to concerns voiced by
many of the heads of technical services we are organizing a meeting around
an audience discussion type of format. The following is a brief description
of the meeting. It will take place on Saturday, January 19, 2002, from
9:30-11:00 am in the Vieux Carre room of the Monteleone Hotel.

>We've all been facing greater difficulties in  finding and hiring the best
>librarians for our technical services positions.  Discussion Group steering
>committee members will conduct a facilitated  discussion on this topic. All
>meeting attendees should come prepared to  participate, discuss the current
>situation, speak their concerns and opinions,  and suggest steps to take.
>Facilitation tools will be used to foster an  atmosphere that will encourage
>broad participation.

Jack Hall
University of Houston Libraries
Houston, TX  77204-2091