Serials Librarian's Psalm (was Re: Hooray for pub patt change) Jodith Janes 17 Jan 2002 20:13 UTC

Could this be it?  I saved it when it appeared in 2000.  I do hope it
helps make life a little brighter.

Jodith

Jodith Janes
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Alumni Library
9500 Euclid Avenue NA30
Cleveland, OH 44195
<janesj@CCF.ORG>

--------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:06:01 -0500
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <skworj@UWGB.EDU>
Subject: Time for a break . . .

. . . and a smile.  I was given this by a coworker in library school.  It
was included in her textbook, Developing Library and Information Center
Collections, in, of course, the chapter on serials.

        The publisher is my tormentor.  I shall not smile:
        He maketh me to work all day at my desk.
        He leadeth me astray with misnumbered issues:
        His Roman numerals confoundeth me:
        He changeth titles over and over for His own sake.
        Yea, when I walk through the shadow of missing or irregular
             issues, I can find no respite, for He has moved.
        He answereth not my letters, nor useth the correct mailing label;
        He starteth not when I ask and quiteth before it is time;
        My work never endeth.
        Rising prices and duplicate issues shall follow me all the days of
my life
        And I shall moan and groan in the library forever.

>>> anlce@UAA.ALASKA.EDU 01/17/02 12:57PM >>>
Carol Feustel  <FEUSTECS@UCMAIL.UC.EDU> wrote:

> "The Publisher is my Tormentor, I shall not smile"  [ from the Serials
> Librarian's Psalm]

Carol,

Where can I find the Serials Librarian's Psalm?  We are working on
entering our last two hundred titles into DRA--all problems, of course--
and pulling our hair out.  Any humor at this point would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

L. Christine Ericson
Serials Assistant