Re: Publication Pattern for Journal of Experimental Zoology Lynne Stevens 21 Jan 2002 22:05 UTC

Well, Debra, the Molecular and Developmental Evolution issues are not a
supplement.  They are part of the regular run, the third volume of each
year, and the publication dates of those issues are interspersed with that
of the first two volumes.  Our consortium uses epixtech's Dynix.  I've put
in a publication pattern of 3 vol/yr, 7 issues/vol, and have put in the
following pre-checkin note:

There are 18 issues per year in three volumes (7, 7, and 4).
The third volume of each year has a subtitle which you must ignore.
That third volume arrives in-between issues of the two preceeding volumes;
        21 issues were put in to facilitate a pub pattern.
When you get the first issue of the 3rd volume of the year, force through to
that numbered issue,
        and change the date.
When you must change a date, do not change future prediction.
After the last issue of the last volume is received (it will be no.4), force
through to no.1 of the
        first issue of the following year, then delete nos.5, 6, and 7 of
that year-end volume.

If that note needs further explanation, feel free to contact me off-list.

Lynne N. Stevens
Serials Coordinator
Lipscomb Library
Randolph-Macon Woman's College