Antichita viva 36:4- Stephen Perisho 23 Jan 2002 16:16 UTC

Hi Julie:

        Your vendor is mistaken.  It may be the last issue "available" (I,
for one, haven't been able to secure any others), but it was certainly not
the last issue PUBLISHED.  This title has did suspend (cease?) publication,
but to the best of my knowledge after 37:1 (1998), not 36:2/3 (1997).  See
UCLA's OPAC, among (probably) others.  This has also been confirmed by
Faxon, which, on 3 May 2001, at least, had check-in records through 37:1
(1998).  See my SERIALST posting of 4 May 2001.
        For a while, back in 2000, I was in direct contact with the new
editor, who promised to send all these, but that channel, too, dried up; for
a long time now, she has responded to neither electronic messages nor
telephone calls.  Nor have the issues she promised been forthcoming.
        Let me know if you hear anything, or have any luck, as I'd like very
much for our holdings to be complete.
        I'm posting this again to BACKSERV, and also SERIALST, in the hopes
of stirring the pot again a bit.

Steve Perisho
Historical Studies-Social Science Library
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, New Jersey  08540
United States of America