Circulation figures for magazines Albert Henderson 04 Feb 2002 12:41 UTC

on Fri, 1 Feb 2002 Buddy Pennington <MD_Buddy@KCLIBRARY.ORG> wrote:

> I was wondering if any of you knew of any sources that listed magazines
> and their circulation figures for various subjects.  We are a public
> library, so I am leaning more toward popular magazines.  Any leads would
> be greatly appreciated.

        SRDS (Standard Rate & Data Service) periodicals offer
        your most reliable source. It is used mainly by the
        people who pay for circulation in "dollars-per-thousand"
        and who require that circulation figures be audited.

        The second most reliable source is the publishers'
        statement of ownership appearing each October. It
        is required and audited by the USPS.

        Best wishes,

Albert Henderson
Former Editor, PUBLISHING RESEARCH QUARTERLY 1994-2000
<70244.1532@compuserve.com>