Re: Refereed vs. Academic Scholarly (Sally Morris) Marcia Tuttle 22 Feb 2002 00:22 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:36:46 -0000
From: Sally Morris <sec-gen@ALPSP.ORG>
Subject: Re: Refereed vs. Academic Scholarly

Sorry to reply only when you've all moved on from this topic.

There does not seem to be any hard and fast guidance anywhere at the moment
on what constitutes 'properly conducted' peer review.   Our Association,
together with the European Association of Science Editors, is therefore
sponsoring publication of a booklet containing guidelines on good practice
for peer review (focusing on the sciences).  All going well, it should be
published in Spring 2003.

Sally