Putting JSTOR and MUSE in OCLC (2 messages) Marcia Tuttle 05 Mar 2002 15:03 UTC

----------(1)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:10:35 -0600
From: "Mays, Allison" <maysap@MILLSAPS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Putting JSTOR and MUSE in OCLC (Dan Lester)

Dan -

I agree about checking out the competition, it keeps eveyone on their toes
and makes for better products. I'd like to point out that our SerSol list
includes everything: online, all print whether alive or dead, microforms,
etc.  We just didn't differentiate between formats (i.e. print and
microform) in our first SerSol list, but I wish I had.  Recently our systems
librarian pulled the entire serials list from our catalog, and in it are the
separate records for microforms, so we will reflect that in one of our
future updates.

Allison

Allison P. Mays
Acquisitions Librarian
Millsaps College
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
601-974-1083
maysap@millsaps.edu

Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:23:06 -0500
From: Marilyn Gane <mgane@ANDREWS.EDU>

Most of our discussion revolves around TDNet and Serials Solutions. I have
just been approached by General Website - a similar service - does anyone
use them or know anything about them? Please reply directly to me at
mgane@andrews.edu TIA Marilyn