Training for electronic serials (Jean L. Hirons) Marcia Tuttle 06 Mar 2002 14:45 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:00:42 -0500
From: Jean L Hirons <jhir@LOC.GOV>
Subject: Training for electronic serials

Colleagues,

Serials Cataloging Worskhop will be released in April and several
workshops have already been scheduled.  This is a one-day course that
features cataloging instruction, problem solving, and general
discussion. Workshops are sponsored by OCLC networks and local library
assocations. (We at LC do not do this!)  The workshop schedule is
available at: http://lcweb.loc.gov/acq/conser/scctp/schedule.html.
While only a few sessions have been planned to date, I know there will
be many more coming.  Contact your local OCLC network or library
association if you are interested in having a workshop near you.

In July we will release the two-day Advanced Serials Course that will
cover all of the changes to AACR2 Chapter 12.  The Electronic Serials
Course is current with both the 2001 and 2002 changes to AACR, but
focuses on problems related to electronic serials rather than serials
cataloging per se.

Jean Hirons
CONSER Coordinator
Library of Congress