Re: Wiley Interscience (John McDonald) Marcia Tuttle 07 Mar 2002 20:25 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:04:56 -0800
From: John McDonald <jmcdonald@LIBRARY.CALTECH.EDU>
Subject: Re: Wiley Interscience

I agree with Alfred.  We've been practically begging them to allow us the
right to pay them for Current Protocols and e-Eros.  We initially ordered
them over 10 months ago and my past 3-5 emails to our customer "non-service"
representative and their licensing contact have gone unanswered.

John McDonald
Acquisitions Librarian
California Institute of Technology
Millikan Library 1-32
Pasadena, CA 91125
626-395-6427
626-792-7540 fax
john@library.caltech.edu

----------(1)
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 10:32:16 -0600
From: Alfred Kraemer <akraemer@MCW.EDU>
Subject: Re: Wiley Interscience (Matthew D. Sprinkle)

We have had the same problem.
Last year we made decisions on retaining and dropping online access to some
Wiley journals.
The drops have become effective but we have also been cut off from some
journals for which we wanted to retain electronic access. No replies yet to
an email some time ago.
I also have had trouble obtaining the access codes for one of our Current
Protocols. (We didn't get the mailed code for one of our Current Protocols
on CD). Tried customer service by phone and by email - to no avail.
--One of my most frustrating 'Customer Service' experiences within the last
five years!!

Alfred Kraemer
Head, Technical Services
Medical College of Wisconsin Libraries