Duplicated messages on SERIALST Birdie MacLennan 11 Mar 2002 20:57 UTC

Greetings All,

As noted below, in the message from Lucy Crews, there have been some
problems with messages that had been posted to SERIALST last week being
redistributed (as duplicates) to the list today, March 11.  While we are
not yet sure what the problem is, we are sure that the moderators are not
deliberately sending duplicates.  We are scanning messages closely to
monitor the dates and times and to distribute messages only once.  We have
reported the duplicate problem to our LISTSERV(r) maintenance folks here
at the University of Vermont and we hope that it can be resolved quickly.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

        Birdie MacLennan
        SERIALST Listowner/Moderator
        Coordinator, Serials & Cataloging
        University of Vermont
        bmaclenn@zoo.uvm.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:04:10 -0500
From: Lucy Crews <lcrews@mbc.edu>
Subject: duplicated messages

Marcia,

This morning I have received copies of messages sent out by Serialst on
Tuesday and Wednesday of last week.  My computer center asked me to
check if duplicates were sent out by Serialst, or whether somehow our
local system has generated them.

So, were some messages duplicated from last week??

Lucy Crews
Mary Baldwin College
Staunton, Va