Call for Papers - LCATS (James Mouw) James Mouw 15 Mar 2002 15:02 UTC

Date:         Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:53:02 -0600
From:         James Mouw <mouw@MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Subject:      CALL FOR PAPERS - LCATS

CALL FOR PAPERS

I am editing a special issue of Library Collections, Acquisitions and
Technical Services (LCATS), with the theme "Issues and Trends in
Acquisitions and Serials".  We would ike to focus on the changing
environment and creative ways that libraries and librarians have
identified to meet new challenges.

We are looking for authors to contribute papers in one of two categories.

 Full-length articles of 10-20 word-processed pages covering a broad topic
in a comprehensive manner

 Shorter articles of about 500-1000 words focusing on one particular
trend, technique, or aspect of acqusitions/serials work.

Potential topics include, but aren't limited to:

 Budget management
 Staff utilization in challenging times - workflow changes, shifting
standards, crosstraining, job sharing, etc.
 Outsourcing
 Creative partnerships (internal and external, with papers co-authored by
the partners especially welcome)
 Working with vendors in new ways
 Donor relationships
 Fundraising
 New technologies
 Incorporating electronic products into the acquisitions workflow

Please submit a brief proposal/abstract to me as soon as possible, but
before April 15 if you would be interested in contributing to this issue
of LCATS.

Jim Mouw
James R. Mouw
Acquisitions Librarian