Re: Check-in coding standards -- Frieda Rosenberg Stephen Clark 16 Apr 2002 17:23 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Check-in coding standards -- Fatme Charafeddine
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:34:45 -0400
From: Frieda Rosenberg <friedat@EMAIL.UNC.EDU>

Fatme,
  You are really asking about the content of your holdings statements,
and this is also covered by standards.  ISO 10324, the international
one, is a "summary level" standard for holdings, but it would give many
indications for how to express your information.  An American standard
that is equivalent to this and coordinated with it--but also contains a
detailed level suitable for check-in data--is NISO standard Z39.71,
which is freely available electronically and also may be purchased in
paper.  It is at the NISO website,
http://www.niso.org/standards/std_lib_management.html#Z39.71.
Regards,
Frieda Rosenberg
Serials Cataloging
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA)
friedat@email.unc.edu