Re: Classification of Journals -- Sheila Hufield Stephen Clark 26 Apr 2002 13:39 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Classification of Journals -- Albert Henderson
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:26:16 -0500
From: "Hufeld, Sheila" <Sheila@EXCHANGE1.MLB.ILSTU.EDU>

I learned this system when taking creative writing classes in our
Graduate
Emglish department. It has more to do with the "status" of journals
within a
profession. Tier one journals were the journals everyone wanted to
publish
in the most. I think the classification may have originated in reference
sources like Writer's Market, Poet's Market, etc.

Sheila M. Hufeld
LTA III
Acquisitions and Collection Development
Milner Library