Re: LARS binding software -- Susan Andrews Stephen Clark 04 Apr 2002 20:31 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: LARS binding software -- 3 messages:
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:24:05 -0600
From: Susan Andrews <Susan_Andrews@TAMU-COMMERCE.EDU>

I should make an addenda to my original message.  First, I have no
positive
proof that the Funlove virus came with the LARS ftp software or was
connected to it.  I just know that it appreared at the same time, was
only
attached to the LARS ftp files and disappeared when I removed the LARS
ftp
software (circumstantial evidence).  Sending the shipment via diskette
is
no extra work, and I have no real complaints about it.
Second, I agree with another message, the documentation *is* sketchy at
best, and the table of contents (no index) is not always helpful.  But,
we
can usually muddle through ok.
Finally, Heckman (our binder) has been very nice and timely about
answering
any and all questions regarding installation and use (they really worked
hard to try and help us with the Funlove problem).

Hope the clarifications help,

Susan Andrews
Head, Serials Librarian
Texas A&M University-Commerce