Re: Kluwer and "free sample offers" -- Christopher Walddrop Stephen Clark 12 Apr 2002 20:57 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Kluwer and "free sample offers" -- Mark Hemhauser
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:54:58 -0500
From: Christopher Waldrop <Waldrop@LIBRARY.VANDERBILT.EDU>

Mark,

We haven't had the same problem you have, but we have had
numerous problems with Kluwer, particularly with our online
subscriptions. Specifically, Kluwer has sent us invoices with the
Hingham, Massachussetts office as the remit-to address, but when
months go by and our subscription hasn't been activated, we have to
contact the Netherlands office for customer service. And we can't
always get a response from the Netherlands office, or they require
proof that the check was cashed. In one case I found that they had
cashed our check ten months before I contacted them, but had never
activated our subscription.

Kluwer's biggest problem seems to be that the US and Netherlands
offices behave as though they're separate entities. Anyway, you have
my support. Good luck in getting this straightened out.

Christopher Waldrop
Serials Coordinator
Vanderbilt University Library
Order Services Department