Request for Volunteers: ALCTS Creative Ideas in Tech Services DG (Tina Shrader) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 21 May 2002 21:01 UTC

Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:16:36 -0700
From: Tina Shrader <Tina.Shrader@ASU.EDU>
Subject: Request for Volunteers: ALCTS Creative Ideas in Tech Services Dis
 cussion Group

This message is posted to AUTOCAT and SERIALST.  Please excuse the
duplication.

The ALCTS Creative Ideas in Technical Services Discussion Group requests
volunteers to facilitate and record discussions on the following topics at
its meeting, Sunday, June 16, 2002 4:30-5:30 pm:

Publishing in Technical Services Areas
AACR2 Chapter 12 Revisions
Dealing with and Training for Changes in Vendor Software-- 2 tables?
E-access maintenance
Proving effectiveness of Technical Services Activities
Division of labor within Technical Services
Metadata harvesting and the Open Archives Initiative.
Education, training, and recruitment of new technical services librarians

This discussion group consists of round table discussions on various topics
with 8-10 people participating at each table.  We seek volunteers to serve
as facilitators or recorders at each table.

We need a total of 9 facilitators and 9 recorders.  Please email me at
tina.shrader@asu.edu by Monday, June 3, 2002 with your desired role
(facilitator, recorder, or either) and your preferred topic areas.  I will
match people up with topics on a first-come, first-served basis, so please
list at least two alternatives to your first topical choice choice.

Brief descriptions of the responsibilities of facilitators and recorders
follow:

FACILITATORS introduce the topic, ask persons to introduce themselves, keep
track of the meeting time, and, most importantly, keep the discussion moving
and ensure that all are able to participate.   The co-chairs will supply a
list of questions for each topic that facilitators can use to keep the
discussion focused and moving.  Facilitators may also incorporate their own
questions as well. Experience has shown that very few tables make it through
all the questions in the time provided!

RECORDERS participate in the discussion and take notes of the discussion
which will be forwarded to the co-chairs. The co-chairs will use the notes
to write a report which will be posted/published on the ALCTS Web site.
Facilitators and recorders will receive acknowledgement in the report of the
meeting.

Thank you in advance, and we look forward to seeing you in Atlanta!

Tina Shrader and Rachel Wadham, Co-Chairs

Tina Shrader
Electronic Resources Coordinator for Technical Services
Arizona State University
University Libraries
Office phone: 480-965-9806
email: tina.shrader@asu.edu