Binding criteria (Karen Bolton) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 28 May 2002 19:24 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:40:32 -0500
From: "Bolton, Karen" <bolton@MSOE.EDU>
Subject: binding criteria

Hello,
I am trying to standardize how I we bind our periodicals here, and I
wondered if libraries out there could tell me what criteria they use to
choose what to bind:  everything? professional journals? most-used journals?
titles a professor would like to see bound? those vulnerable to theft?
titles over a certain price?.  Do you bind the titles that you may get in
print but are commonly available on aggregated databases?  Any ideas are
welcome, so I get a feel for what is out there.

Thanks!

Karen Bolton
Serials Librarian
bolton@msoe.edu