Re: Back issue exchanges (2 messages) SERIALST Moderator 26 Jun 2002 22:03 UTC

2 messages, 71 lines:

(1)----------------------------
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:59:11 -0500
From: "Deb Ham" <dldham@creighton.edu>
Subject: RE: Back issue exchanges

One good one we've used is United States Book Exchange. They charge $7.00
an issue if you have a membership and $20 if you don't. (There is also a
shipping and handling fee.) If you ask USBE in advance, they will take
some back issues and reimburse you with credit for the shipping cost. This
has been a very handy way for us to get back issues at little cost.
website:
http://www.usbe.com/index.html

I've also begun using Absolute Backorder. They charge $10 an issue if you
are a member (all you have to do to become a member is send them some of
your back issues).
website:
http://www.absolute-inc.com/_/

There is also an email list called backserv that libraries with duplicate
or extra issues post to and send back and forth to one another, usually
just for the cost of postage ($1.26 for most single issues).
website:

Deb Ham <dldham@creighton.edu>

(2)---------------------------
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:35:41 -0400
From: Stephen Perisho <sperisho@ias.edu>
Subject: Back issue exchanges

also EUROBACK).

Steve Perisho
Historical Studies-Social Science Library
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, New Jersey  08540
United States of America