Re: Q for publishers (Was: RE: Mis-addressing of labels) (Idith Bar-Nachum) SERIALST Moderator 27 Jun 2002 16:22 UTC

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:36:44 +0300
From: Idith Bar-Nachum <idithb@savion.cc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: RE: Q for publishers (Was: RE: Mis-addressing of labels) (Rick Anderson)

Rick -

When a publisher responds to an ADVANCED (2nd, 3rd etc.) claim by saying
- "The issue was sent on ......(date) - probably it is in transit to you
... please wait..."  or another typical answer - "The issue was sent on
... please check etc." - I cannot but call these answers - not serious:
in the time I do my 2nd or 3rd claim, the issue should have been here
long ago. So what is there to wait or to check? If the issue would have
arrived, would I perform a REPEATED claim?! I don't think so ...

Idith

    Idith Bar-Nachum
    Head - Periodicals Dept.
    Harman Science Library

    Hebrew University                       Tel.  972-2-6584567
    Givat-Ram, Jerusalem                  Fax  972-2-6586237
    Israel 91904               Email: idithb@savion.cc.huji.ac.il