REPOST: ALCTS PVLR ALA Annual Panel (Doug Litts) Birdie MacLennan 04 Jun 2002 20:37 UTC

Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 08:32:25 -0400
From: Doug Litts <Dlitts@vmfa.state.va.us>
Subject: REPOST: ALCTS PVLR ALA Annual Panel

My abject apologies:  my previous posting did not include the place,
date, and time of the panel, so I am reposting.

Doug

Slice & Dice, or the Whole Salami?  Pricing Models for Electronic
Resources

Publishers and vendors are continuing to search for the right business
model for distributing their online content in a manner that is most
efficient for both themselves as well as their library customers. Come
hear why different types of delivery, such as site license, concurrent
user model, and the FTE (full time equivalent), have been chosen and
learn about the advantages and challenges that are unique to each.

Saturday, June 15, 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.; Convention Center, Room A408

Moderator:
Marilyn Geller
Information Management Consultant

Panel:
Patti Corbett
Vice President, Customer Development
Ovid Technologies

Tim Martin
Licensing Associate
OCLC

Phillipp Neie
CEO
Swets Blackwell, Inc.

Vicky Reich
Assistant Director
HighWire Press

Annette Thomas (invited)
Managing Director
NATURE Publications

Douglas A. Litts, Assistant Librarian,
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA
804-340-1496
dlitts@vmfa.state.va.us