Re: Reflecting canceled status for journals in catalog (Judith Koveleskie) Birdie MacLennan 11 Jun 2002 15:07 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:54:40 -0400
From: "Koveleskie, Judith" <kovelesk@setonhill.edu>
Subject: RE: Reflecting canceled status for journals in catalog (5 messages)

If a title has been cancelled, we show a closing date in our local notes
for the bound volumes,

        "BOUND VOLUMES ** 1956-1999"

For two titles that have only online subscriptions, we do include the
internet link in the record for the paper title, as well as having a
separate record for the computer file.

We have not made an attempt to note that full text is available on
EBSCOHOST because it changes so frequently.  Also, most of our patrons
look up their articles in EBSCOHost where the full text has a link, so
they would never go to the catalog to find this.  If I ever have extra
time, I may add this note in the future.  One librarian did this in the
past so we do have this note on a few records.

Judith A. Koveleskie
Seton Hill College
Reeves Memorial Library
Greensburg, PA 15601