Re: Mis-addressing of labels (Was: Claiming Statistics) (Albert Henderson) SERIALST Moderator 24 Jun 2002 19:14 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:31:36 -0400
From: Albert Henderson <chessNIC@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Mis-addressing of labels (Was: Claiming Statistics) (Amy
  Anderson)

on Tue, 18 Jun 2002 Amy Anderson <andersoa@southwestern.edu> wrote:

> Albert Henderson <chessNIC@COMPUSERVE.COM> wrote:
>
> >         Moreover, I have seen too many instances of higher
> >         education institutions running library mail through
> >         their central mailroom, where it can easily be
> >         misdirected. There is no reason why the post office
> >         cannot deliver all mail directly to the library.
> >         All any library needs is a street address or PO box.
>
> Unfortunately, Mr. Henderson, that is not the way it works in the small
> town that I am located in.  The Post Office will not deliver to my street
> address.  All mail for the university is sent to the Campus Mailroom,
> whether addressed to our P.O Box or not.  And yes, I discussed this with
> our local Postmaster the last time you made a similar comment to this
> list.

        I would ask your provost or financial VP to take up
        the matter of the uncooperative postmaster with your
        Congressional Representative. Postage is supposed to
        pay for delivery to the 'delivery address.' University
        personnel doing the work of the post office costs
        plenty.

        Thanks for your comment.

        Best wishes,

Albert Henderson
Former Editor, PUBLISHING RESEARCH QUARTERLY 1994-2000
<70244.1532@compuserve.com>