Re: ScienceDirect WebEditions Ian Woodward 09 Jul 2002 20:03 UTC

        We make use of the Web Editions.  Our discussions over the license
were in August of 2001.  I was able to make them available to our customers
via our web pages by the beginning of October, but the pdf files were
accessible some weeks prior to that.  The Web editions could not be made
available via our OPAC in a timely fashion because there was no copy
cataloguing available on them in the Fall of 2001.
        In the intervening nine months, I have not checked the links more
than perfunctorily. However,  the ones I have checked lead to accessible pdf
files and we have had no customer complaints.
        Best of Luck, IW

-----Original Message-----
From: Miriam Childs [mailto:mdchilds@UNO.EDU]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 4:54 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: ScienceDirect WebEditions

I have another ScienceDirect-related post.

Is anyone currently using ScienceDirect WebEditions?  We have sent a signed
license agreement plus a title list to Elsevier but with no results.  We
have corresponded back and forth for several months at this point, but we
still have no answer as to why we do not have access to our WebEditions
titles.  Should it take several months to complete the process of
subscribing to WebEditions?  I'd like to see what experiences other
institutions have had.  Thank you,

Miriam Childs
Serials Librarian
University of New Orleans