Re: ScienceDirect WebEditions John Lucas 10 Jul 2002 16:36 UTC

My memory is fading fast but this is what I remember about the Elsevier
Web Editions. As always, I may stand corrected on this.

When we originally started this, not many of there titles were
available.  After a long time were were able to get these activated.
However by that time, other titles that we had subscribed to had become
available and it was another go around to get those available.

More recently I seem to recall that NOT ALL of their titles will have
available Web Editions for whatever reasons. (February 02)

Some may be published in coordination with Societies  but some like
American J. of Medicine ; Current Opinions.... ; Trends in.... I believe
are in some of the Elsevier "grouped title products"

I found an e-mail that listed some of ours

American journal of cardiology
American journal of gastroenterology
American journal of hypertension
American journal of medicine
American journal of ophthalmology
American journal of surgery
Annals of thoracic surgery
Biological psychiatry
Cardiovascular surgery
Chemistry & biology
Current advances in toxicology
Current biology
Current opinion in biotechnology
Current opinion in cell biology
Current opinion in genetics & development
Current opinion in immunology
Current opinion in microbiology
Current opinion in neurobiology
Current opinion in structural biology
Fertility and sterility
Fundamental & clinical pharmacology
Journal of heart and lung transplantantion
Journal of midwifery and women's health
Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Journal of the American College of Surgeons
Lancet
Obstetrics & gynecology
Ophthalmology: journal of the Am. Acad. of Ophth.
Primary care update for OB/GYNS
Surgical neurology
Survey of ophthalmology
Trends in biochemical sciences
Trends in cardiovascular medicine
Trends in cell biology
Trends in cognitive sciences
Trends in endocrinology
Trends in genetics
Trends in immunology
Trends in neurosciences
Trends in parasitology
Trends in pharmacological sciences
Urology
Women's health issues

    British journal of obstetrics & gynecology. BJOG
    Cell
    European urology
    Gene Expression Patterns  (Section of Brain Research)
    Neuron

We
> have corresponded back and forth for several months at this point,
but we
> still have no answer as to why we do not have access to our
WebEditions
> titles.  Should it take several months to complete the process of
> subscribing to WebEditions?  I'd like to see what experiences other
> institutions have had.  Thank you,
>
> Miriam Childs
> Serials Librarian
> University of New Orleans
> mdchilds@uno.edu
> 504-280-6545
> 504-280-3173 (fax)

John Lucas

Serials Librarian
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State St
Jackson, MS 39216-4505

(PH) (601) 984-1277
(FAX)  ( 601) 984-1262