Clarification from Sage Rick Anderson 10 Jul 2002 20:35 UTC

I just spoke with Carol Richmond at Sage.  She is in the final stages of
preparing a press release (which she will send to me when it's cleared so
that I can forward it to the list), but here's what she told me on the
phone:

- Sage journals are indeed going to be pulled from ProQuest and EBSCO, but
will remain available from both sources through 2003.

- During 2003, libraries will be able to choose between buying the online
content directly from Sage or from ProQuest or EBSCO.

- At the end of 2003, Sage journals will be available online only through
Sage's fulltext online product.

Whether this will be good or bad is up for debate, of course, but we should
probably wait to start screaming until we know for sure what the whole story
is.

Rick Anderson
Director of Resource Acquisition
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno      "I'm not against the modern
1664 No. Virginia St.            world.  I just don't think
Reno, NV  89557                  everything's for sale."
PH  (775) 784-6500 x273             -- Elvis Costello
FX  (775) 784-1328
rickand@unr.edu