Re: Clarification (RE: Statement from Sage) Dan Lester 11 Jul 2002 14:15 UTC

Thursday, July 11, 2002, 8:04:50 AM, you wrote:

RA> I notice that Dan's message below prefaces the quoted sections from Sage's
RA> press release with my initials (RA).  I suppose that this is an automatic
RA> feature of his email program, but I want to make it clear, again, that those
RA> quotes are not from me and do not represent my views or opinions.  I passed
RA> along the Sage announcement as a courtesy to Sage and to the list, not as a
RA> statement of my own.

Rick is correct that my mail program is configured to use the initials
of the person who sent the quoted message.  My apologies to anyone who
was confused by this or thought that I was responding to Rick's words
rather than Sage's.  I hadn't specifically thought about the possible
confusion, but hope that the context would make it all clear.  Of
course since Rick's name didn't appear on it, I might have been
responding to a posting from "Ronald Adams" or "Ralph Airhead" or
"Regina Angelou".

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan@RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA